Park Seo-joon, Go A-ra, and Park Hyung-sik are the stars of this South Korean television program. The show ran from December 19, 2016, to February 21, 2017. I’m sorry that I’m so late in viewing it, but please bear with me because I’ve been quite busy. 

📽️Synopsis from wikipedia📽️

Jiso has ruled the Kingdom of Silla as regent since King Beopheung died, keeping her young son Sammaekjong hidden outside of the capital Seorabeol and safe from enemies and assassins. As Sammaekjong comes of age, nobles, citizens, officials and Sammaekjong himself have all grown impatient for her to cede power. However the powerful nobles that tried to usurp power in the Kingdom continue to eye the throne and Ji-so fears the consequences of her ceding it.

In order to break the power of the nobles, who have grown accustomed to their privileges under the bone rank system, Jisu plans to create a new elite, the Hwarang, that will cut across the existing power factions, and to bind them to Sammaekjong and the throne. As this new elite of male youths bond and grow they are unaware that within their number is their future king, Sammaekjong, and Kim Seon-u, a commoner with a secret even he is not aware of.

📽️My reaction to this drama📽️

This series was previously suggested by a friend, but I first decided against viewing it since I don’t enjoy watching historical dramas. I’m not sure what made me decide to watch it now, but I can unquestionably state that this drama is excellent. There are a lot of oppas in this drama, and Park Seo-Joon is one of them. After watching this, I started to like him even if I wasn’t before. He performs admirably in this show.

Since Episode 1, I’ve been completely enthralled. The two friends’ sudden change of faith astounded me. That episode made me cry a lot, and I can’t stop thinking about it. Lee Kwang Soo’s character Mak-mon made a particularly spectacular appearance. Even though I had fully anticipated what would happen to him, I was nevertheless shocked by what happened. Go Aran   here is incredibly adorable. She infused her role with charisma.

Kim Tae-Hyung portrayed the character I liked the most. He has a good disposition, and his personality exudes love, innocence, and optimism. I was particularly moved by his brother’s story and how it came to an end.

Because this historical drama in Korea focuses more on brotherhood than any other historical drama I’ve seen, I really loved the way it ended. This drama is not to be missed. I know I watched it really late, but it’s a good thing I did.

My Overal Rating:
❤️❤️❤️💕
(4.5/5)