📽️Recap of this episode📽️

One morning while teaching her young students, Rebecca Adler, a beautiful 29-year-old kindergarten teacher, passes out and starts talking incoherently and unintelligibly. Rebecca is brought to Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (PPH) in New Jersey to visit with Dr. Gregory House, the country's top diagnostician, after her doctors are unable to diagnose her.

Photo Credit: Imdb

Two of House's team members, Drs. Robert Chase and Allison Cameron, execute a tracheostomy after Adler's throat shuts during the MRI as a result of an allergic reaction to gadolinium. After having an epiphany, House treats Adler and, without any supporting evidence, determines that she has cerebral vasculitis. Steroid therapy is administered by House to Adler, which temporarily improves her health significantly before seizures and heart failure set in.

Dr. Eric Foreman, a neurologist, and Cameron break into Adler's home at House's demand in an attempt to identify a cause for the symptoms. After discovering an unsealed ham packet in Adler's kitchen, House deduces that Adler has neurocysticercosis as a result of having once consumed uncooked pork. Until Adler has concrete proof that the diagnosis is accurate, she will not accept any more haphazard therapies. As soon as Chase offers a theory for noninvasive proof of Adler's tapeworm infection, House is prepared to throw out the case. House shows that Adler is afflicted with more tapeworms and that her illness is curable by obtaining an X-ray of her thigh. Adler consents to take medicine to eradicate the tapeworms after viewing the proof.

📽️My reaction to this series📽️

I have been watching and rewatching House MD for a long time now because I forgot some parts. It's good, especially for someone working in the medical field like me, as I can learn a lot from it. The cases are also unpredictable. I haven't even analyzed or thought about the patient's diagnosis because it's rare and I haven't encountered such a case in the hospitals I've worked in.

This episode is a bit nerve-wracking, especially for meat lovers. Actually, I didn't search for the percentage chance of having this kind of incident, but while watching, it made me think because I also like meat. So it's really important to make sure that the meat is clean, fresh, and well-cooked to ensure there are no tapeworms in it. Dr House is also good, although I know there are many skilled doctors in real life. But while I watch this, I think it would be great to have more doctors who can think like this, so diagnosing illnesses would be easier.

I was just a bit bothered by this episode where they broke into the patient's house because that's really illegal. I don't know about the US law, but here, if you do that, you'll get arrested even if you're a doctor. I understand that most patients can be liars, but that still doesn't justify entering someone's house without permission. But even so, I liked this episode and learned a lot from it even though I've seen it before. For me, this episode is nice to know because I haven't encountered it in any of my hospital duties, so it's okay for me to gain more knowledge about it.

My Overall Rating: ❤️❤️❤️❤️(4/5)